Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mass Production of DVDs and a Kick In the Side...

This will be a little random...so I'm just forewarning you all...

So I've been working on the Higher Ground DVDs...all of the editing is done!! Woo Hoo!! We're finally making a bunch of copies and getting them ready to sell. So if you're going to a Higher Ground concert soon, you might just have first dibs on these things. And let me tell you, a lot of work went into them.

Something that really hit me today was again pointing at my own laziness....sloth sloth go away...ya, and don't come back. But anyways, I was reading in Halley's Bible Handbook about the importance of Bible reading and one passage really stuck out to me. The author is saying that the attitude you have toward the Bible is a really big indicator of the attitude you have toward Christ. Ouch. Now, this may seem like a really simple concept, but I guess I just had one of those "AHA" moments when you finally get something that's been drilled into your head a million times. If I'm not diligent about reading God's word and I don't take it seriously, then how committed am I to following Christ. The author also mentions that if you love someone, you greatly enjoy reading about them and learning about things they've accomplished. Why do we find it so easy to profess our love for Christ, but yet not spend the crucial time we need in His word? I've also been thinking about how much time people (including myself) spend with "second-hand" information like different devotionals and stuff. Why not spend time with the greatest devotional ever made? God's word is our ultimate Truth and I've really been hit with that today!! I need to be disciplined!!!

Proverbs 30:5 - "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

ouch...thanks. I needed that.

August 16, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

good stuff

August 17, 2005 4:08 AM  
Blogger derrick harris said...

Crap, crap, crap the whole thing is crap... So you are illegally producing dvd's to sell on the black market. well at this point you have 1 of 2 options: let me in on the prophet or got to JAIL!!!!

I think you know what the wize choice is. here is my number so you can reach out and touch me...
8675309----------its in a song
HAHAHA later kids

August 18, 2005 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derrick you are so stoopid. You cant spell and you dont know what you are talking about. How is it illegal to record a concert send it to DVDs so everyone can see? Go put more resipeez on your blog and leave Amanda alone.

August 18, 2005 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch to me also. you have inspired me to read the word more. thanks for the wake up call. love ya

August 19, 2005 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home