Saturday, July 16, 2005

Blissfully Exhausted...

Well, VBS is over...and it was very rewarding for me. We had a lot of fun despite a few mishaps and some rowdy kids. It was great though. I love to see kids start to connect things in their minds about Jesus and understand when stories are related to them. The other night the kids listened to Heather and Annie talk to them about why Jesus died for us and what salvation mean. You learn really quickly just how difficult it is to explain when you're trying to relate to 1st through 3rd graders. It was great though...and I really think that all of the kids got a lot out of the week.

Hmm...so I just read an entry by Heather and she was talking about procrastination and about how Jesus started a "young people's movement." Very true. I've been thinking about how much I've been putting off lately and the reasons for why I do it and here's what I came up with...sloth. I can't help myself. Ha. Anyways...so when I feel like that I just have to take a good long look in the mirror and say..."What are you doing?...and..."Ya know, that John Keats guy started writing poetry when he was 18 and died when he was 26 and he also wrote more brilliant things that a lot of poets do in a lifetime...so what have you been doing for the past 4 years?" Ouch...I got me there. Ha. But God is pushing me...very gently.

I've been getting ideas lately...ideas for the book. Yes, me...dimwitted AG is going to attempt to write a book. As I've told many people...I really think that one of my callings is to be a writer...we'll see how fruitful I can be. But I think God has really been speaking to me. I'm getting some good stuff...but I need to put in the effort. No more procrastinating..thanks for the reminder Heather.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you telling me that you wanted to write. Hope i get to read it someday. DO IT girl.

giff

July 17, 2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Mae said...

I had no idea you had a blog Amanda - you should boycot Matthew's until he gives you a link. Happy that my procrastination has served some sort of purpose! You rock. :)

July 18, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Heather Mae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 18, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I just wanted to say that I hope that you are successful in your writing endeavor's.
I, too, feel a call from the Lord to write...but with kids all 3 & under I don't have much time to write.
My blog is my outlet for now.
:o)
-J

July 25, 2005 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home