Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Great Awakening...

I really hope you don't take one look at how long this is and just forget about reading it. Ha! It took awhile!!!! Ha!

Okay...so I've had a great wake-up call and BKK had a lot to do with it...

I think that one of the biggest things I've realized is how much time I'm wasting. God gives us all great gifts and talents and how many times do we let sloth take over and ruin great chances to take advantage of what we've been given? Well, that's what I'm coming to terms with. I feel like in the last week I've really been breaking down what I think my spiritual gifts are. And when I do this, I realize that I haven't really done anything to cultivate or share them. It's heartbreaking. Sometimes I even say no to God. How can I have the audacity to say that?

Well, I've talked about this before, about the self-esteem issue. I think that for me, it's just a cover up. When I say I'm not good enough to step out and do something or I think I will fail, it's really just a cover up for my pride. I'm not protecting myself because I think my self esteem is too frail, I just don't want to put my pride on the line. Ouch. But on the Thursday night of camp, when Katie Ramsey was talking about failing and doing it for God, it really hit me. He gives us all gifts and failure does not mean that we weren't meant to do the gift. "God cares more about our character than our comfort." I can't remember who said that...but it's so true. And Katie said that she was afraid to fail but if she did it, she would know that God was still on her side. That is so true and it's something that I need to realize. And even if I fail, that doesn't mean that I should give up. Like Alvin said, we have to keep getting up and going a little further. Romans 11:29 says "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." No one can take them away from you!!! So I need to step out and use what I've been given...we all do.

I'm sorry this will be so long but there's something else that I think is amazing about our calling from God...I shared this with my class at camp this week too...

At school I had sort of an epiphany...I'll give you the condensed version. But anyways...God has done so much to make each and every one of us...He has literally worked through the impossible or what seems to be impossible.

When you look at how much it took to create this earth and the conditions that needed to be necessary to sustain life...it seems impossible....the chances that there would not be life on this earth are astronomical...God created everything around us. And the chances that this would be here randomly...VERY UNLIKELY. And of all of this creation, we are His favorites. He spread the stars across the sky, He formed the mountains, He made everything...but we are His favorites. So humans are special to God, but it goes even deeper than that...

Each and every person is special to God...the odds that you would be the person you are seem to be incredibly unfavorable...I won't go into detail...I think we all know how conception works but just think of how many different variations there could be of people. If you have siblings...look at yourself compared to them, odds are you have differences and spiritual gifts that are not always the same. My point is, we are all truly chosen. No one is an accident...God deliberately created you. Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." He formed us, and he knew us beforehand. That's amazing to me.

So what I get from this, we are all called!!! We all have special gifts and there's no way to deny that!! God created you specially and there's no one like you!!! He has a plan for each and every person and He will never forget that!!! So use what you've been given!!! Sorry this is so long...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' it! Do the ...'s at the end mean you have more?

August 11, 2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

Ha! There's a lot more I could go into detail about but it would take hours to read it all!! There's a lot...God's been revealing soooo much to me!!

August 11, 2005 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you gonna tell us more or what? Don't wanna get phantom pinched again do ya?

-giff-

August 11, 2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Herschel said...

dang that was big-time..thanks amanda

August 11, 2005 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it on...i have a few days before this baby ties me down. I'd love you read your story! :)

August 11, 2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hey, I'm from fairfield and friends with chet and misty and all the guys from there. Just thought I'd let you know I'm reading your blog, and it's rocking my face off! Keep it up!

August 12, 2005 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home