Thursday, July 21, 2005

"Listen to your heart..."

AAAUUGGHH!! I've had that song stuck in my head for two days now..."listen to your heart." Adam came home singing it one day and you know how the songs that you sing over and over again are always the stupid ones...well there I was. I couldn't escape it, any time my mind was idle, there was that stupid song again. And then you catch yourself singing it out loud. Drove me nuts, to say the least. One time I had that Safety Dance song in my head...the one that goes..."we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind...cuz your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're, no friends of mine." Ha!! That was an annoying 3 days!!

So anyways, I'm almost done with my summer classes and it's such a relief. One more year...and I still won't be done with school! It seems so crazy to think about how much emphasis people put on a degree when really college doesn't teach you everything. Even when you get out, you're constantly learning, whether it's in your occupation or just daily living. That's exciting. I love learning new things...I just wish I could tell EIU that I think I've learned enough and I want my diploma now. Maybe they'd go for that.

Ha, I was thinking the other day that after Adam and I got married, there seemed to be a spring up of other weddings. We have 2 more to go to just in the next few months. A lot of people are getting married now. I don't know what that means. I guess the generation has finally gotten to that point where they're ready. I hope God blesses each and every one. Marriage is a beautiful thing...but definitely not easy. It really does take committment and strong love to hold a marriage together which is why I totally respect the couples that have been together for decades. When you see a couple like that...you know that the love they feel for each other is the real stuff. That's what it takes to last that long. So good luck to all the newlyweds!!

Ha, I'll end my boring post now. Sorry nothing exciting is happening to me right now. Ha! Have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger NFB in NYC said...

DITTO!! and those are both songs that randomly pop in my head and never leave!

S...A...F..E...T...Y...DANCE!!

July 21, 2005 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bump.....

July 21, 2005 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home