Monday, July 23, 2007

Rockabye baby..

Well, yesterday was Riley's celebration of having been in the world for 2 months...and how does he get rewarded? Shots!! I seriously think today was the saddest and hardest day of my life. The poor boy's eyes shot open and he immediately started screaming...and whose face did he see? Mommy's!!! I hope he's not scarred for life now. I hope he doesn't associate pain with my face. It was so sad. But on a brighter note, he's up to 12 lbs. 7 oz. and he's 22 1/2 inches long. Doc says he looks good, getting a little "pudgy." But I think he meant that in a good way.

On July 18th little Mr. Riley slept all night long. And by all night I mean all night, not the 5 hours doctors try to pass off as "all night." He slept from 10 pm to 7am. 9 hours. It would have been the first night in months that I'd slept all night long...but alas..the new mother woke up at 5:30 in a panic wondering why he hadn't woken up yet. But then again, 7 1/2 hours is all night isn't it? Ha! I was happy but it was just bittersweet. All this means is that he's growing up isn't it? That's sad. He's already growing out of outfits. So I have to look at his clothes with a tear and think to myself, "He's never going to wear this again." Sniffle sniffle. But we've had so much fun with him along the way. So enough of my rambling, here are some more pictures of our handsome little boy:

Sure does look like he's up to something here.

He's found his thumb! Much to Daddy's dismay!!

I asked him what he thought of his bath.

We tried to capture the pout.

He's pointing out what his shirt says: "Good things come in small packages."

He's such a sweet baby! Now I have to go get him because he's screaming..just kidding.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he's a sweet baby, look from the stock he comes from!! He really is a special gift from God--with 2 beautiful and loving parents to guide him through this journey of life. So don't blink because before you know it he'll be 20!! I love you--all three!!!
Grandma Sue G.

July 24, 2007 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"look from the stock he comes from!!"

My I cant tell you live in Cumberland Co!

July 25, 2007 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comedy! I miss you guys!! What a sweet little guy you have! Thanks for the pictures! Love ya! Aunt Dee

July 25, 2007 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great mom!!! The shots are terrible but they are worth it! He is growing so fast!!! Love all the info and pics!! Thanks so much for posting! His daddy and you are doing great! Love to all 3 of you!!! See you this weekend!!!

July 25, 2007 6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is adorable - it was so good to see you all at camp and meet your precious blessing. Cheryl

August 08, 2007 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home