Wednesday, April 12, 2006

GoInG CrAzY!!!

Okay, out of desperation to get away from a paper I'm working on I decided to write a worthless blog entry. The paper really isn't going too bad...but ya know. Do you ever HAVE to write a paper and you just really don't want to? That's where I am. It's my fault though. The paper's due tomorrow and I'm just now finished with 3 pages. I'm terrible. I'll get it done, I guess I just like to whine in the process.

Also, I don't know if you've all kept up on Andrew or not. Val's had some of the details posted on her xanga if you want more of what happened. In case you didn't hear, here's a very short rendition of what happened...a couple of weeks ago (it was that bad Sunday night) when there were a bunch of terrible storms and tornados all over the place, Andrew was running in the house with David and a friend, Luke, and on the way in a huge tree branch came down and hit him in the head. The tree branch knocked him down onto a concrete pad which broke his eye socket and crushed his sinuses. And the doctors explained that when the tree branch hit Andrew in the head it was comparable to what happens when you push in and indent part of a ping pong ball. He had to have surgery where the branch hit him and he ended up with about 4 plates and 26 screws in his head I think. The plates are like bands that criss-cross over each other. Adam and I went to see him this past Sunday and he looked like he was doing so much better. He's actually getting out a bit, but not too much because he's still in some pain. He also has to be very careful with his face. And, he'll be out of work for at least 6 weeks. So I'm sure prayers would be much appreciated. That also goes for the prayers he's gotten thus far.

So, I guess this post wasn't completely worthless, as before mentioned.

Well, I guess I should get back to Willa Cather and Jane Smiley and "Agrarian Women in Patriarchal Societies." Ugh. That just sounds depressing. Have a good one y'all.

4 Comments:

Blogger "Sunshine" said...

First off, I'm glad to hear Andrew is doing well. It sounded very bad at first, but at least he's doing better.

Second, I know just what you mean about not wanting to do a paper--I just had that drama with a 10 page Shakespeare research paper (I handed in the rough draft today)

Third, Willa Cather = related to me and Joel = awesome in my book. Jane Smiley = awesome (At least with A Thousand Acres. The essay... sounds pretty sucky. You have my sympathies.

April 12, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger "Sunshine" said...

sorry I forgot to close parentheses ;)

April 12, 2006 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! that burn barrel just wasn't doing it for me anymore! :)

April 13, 2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update on Andrew...i have been wondering how he is doing!

Happy Easter!

love you to you and Adam!

April 14, 2006 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home