Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Maybe Tomorrow...I'll Find My Way...Home..."

If you know that song, and you like it, you're my hero. Went to the Sig Tau meeting tonight. We've decided on our shirts. We're reusing a wording from the 70's so I'm told. We're so funny. Our shirts will officially be navy blue with green lettering that says "STD, our love for literature is contagious." Hilarious, that's all I have to say. Those bell-bottom wearin', disco dancin', Bill lovin' cats were so funny. I guess I could say I've had a really good day.

A lot of deep thinking went on today in my classes and in my free time. I had a great beverage at a great coffee shop with the great Sunshine Jones (not the lesbian, Carissa H.). And now I come home to the inspiration of Stereophonics. I guess I do have this 4 page paper due tomorrow morning at 9 that I just started on a couple of hours ago, but hey, I'm not lettin' that get me down. I'm growing. I feel it. I'm learning and changing and it's all so exciting. Sorry if I sound lame or something. Just happy.

I heard something very profound the other day. It doesn't sound that deep but it was for me at the moment...one of those "AHA" moments. God has no nationality or political party. Just think about that for a moment. I think that I've been suckered into the "Americanized God" for a long time and that just really hit me the other day. God's here for everyone, loves everyone...he transcends race, gender, party lines..all of that junk. That's beautiful. No matter how much people try to tailor their idea of Him to fit their particular status, He falls into none. It puts a new spin on trying to think about how much emphasis we put on these distinctions that often become limitations. Just thinking. I've been doing a lot of that lately. It's great. Tell ya more later. Weird post huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger "Sunshine" said...

Not the lesbian, Carissa H., eh? Just kidding. Had to giggle when I read that part. Yeah I ended up having a lot of fun yesterday. I was sort of dreading going to that meeting and didn't want to do my homework, so I was extremely glad when you suggested going somewhere. And the meeting went pretty well too. I prefer the small meetings personally.

February 03, 2006 6:05 AM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

ha, i guess i didn't format that too well...i was hoping people would understand what i meant...i think they will, especially now if they read the comments...ha

February 03, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Heather Mae said...

I don't get it, lol.

February 07, 2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Herschel said...

whered you go?

February 17, 2006 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home