Saturday, January 21, 2006

My profile pic is a lie...

I guess that the people who've seen me recently know that I don't look like that anymore. But oh well...

There's a lot on my plate right now so that's why I haven't been updating too much. I'm beginning to regret making so many committments for the semester. I just have to tell myself, "Oh Amanda, there are only 13 weeks left." Yikes.

I actually wanted to ask for prayer. That's my main intention with this entry. Adam's been struggling a lot with the job market in this area. He's been waiting on a new company that's supposed to be opening up in Charleston that he's already had an interview with but we have no idea how long it's going to take. We're about at our wits' end. If this thing doesn't pick up and get moving within the next couple of months, it could mean that we're looking at another move. That would mean Adam would probably be going back over to the Edwardsville area and I would have to stay here until December to finish school. Rough times again. We would still get to see each other on weekends and over the summer, but I really didn't want to have to do the whole living apart thing again, it's definitely not easy. I really do think that God is leading us somewhere but I'm not sure what's going on anymore. And that's when I worry, which I know I'm not supposed to but it runs in the family...

When we moved home, we did what we felt was right. But were we right? Maybe we got so focused on wanting to be back around family and friends that we forgot about what God wanted. Maybe we were never supposed to move home at all. Maybe we had a calling that we left. But everything just seemed to fall into place when we were moving. But then we had some trouble when we finally got back. Were those indications that we weren't where we were supposed to be? But perhaps we needed to be home to go through the trials and become stronger...I don't know. So many questions. I guess I should stop worrying and quit looking at the past unless it's for learning's sake. But now we have to get back on track...

Are we so far away from the track that not only can we not get straight, we don't even know where the track is..? I don't know, I'm tired of thinking. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Whatever happens I know we'll go with the flow and keep asking God what's going on. But I'm just asking for a quick prayer that God will reveal what He has in store from us. Thanks guys. We just really need to know what direction to head in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

will be praying

January 21, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

thanks ladies ;)

January 24, 2006 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did you feel it was right, but so did I. I feel that God has a plan for you right here in the Trilla church. He answered many of our prayers when he sent you to help serve. We did not know that it would be you but that all fell into place. Maybe there is learning to be done in your present struggles, but don't let Satan make you believe that you did not do what God wanted you to do. Just keep looking up and God will take care of everything. ...and we are all still praying!!

Mom Groves

January 27, 2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home