Tuesday, September 27, 2005

BORING...

I've been trying to find ways to jazz this page up a bit...like a new template, some exciting links and pictures...things of that nature. I've got some ideas...it should turn out pretty cool...someday. School's been really busy, as I've already said. Things are coming up and all at the same time that have got me a little stressed. But I'm hangin' in there.

Campus House is awesome! I love it! I've been learning so much in the past few weeks, Roger Songer is really great. The other night he talked about the Beatitudes and it opened my eyes towards them in way that I had never thought of. It was awesome to say the least!! I am so grateful that I have a place like that to go, with all of the discouragement that college has to offer.

I've been feelin' kind of cruddy too because I know that I haven't been doing my part to help the world...in so many ways. Reading other blogs about Katrina and our responsibility to help those in need has made me realize that I'm not doing anything. I've let my life and my priorities take precedence over the needs of others. I really am ashamed. When I stop to think about it, I can count the number of times I've prayed for those people on one hand. Prayer is not a hard thing to do and God hears me...so what's my problem? I don't think that I can convince myself that I'm far too busy to go to God with this. But it goes beyond that.

Hersch was talking about global warming in one of his entries and that is so true. In one of my classes we were reading an article that talked a bit about the problem of global warming. And I think it all goes back to our need for immediate gratification. People don't stop to think anymore about the consequences to their actions. We just do what we want when we want to do it. I am so guilty of this. But I think it's time to stop and think because it's just a matter of time before we can't ignore what's happening to our planet anymore. God's given us this place and we've abused it.

So anyways..that's that. More later. I heard a great joke the other day......guess you'll have to come back if you want to read it...

2 Comments:

Blogger random said...

thank you, your comment really meant a lot to me...

September 27, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Hey Amanda! Good to see you back! I think we both took a little hiatus from real blogging. Anyway, I'm glad you recognize that prayer is something we can do. In fact, it's greater than going down to help out. I think we as Americans tend to see it as a copout, but it is so much more!

September 29, 2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home