Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ah...School...so crazy

Okay, so I knew I would have a lot of reading to do this semester, but this is ridiculous...oh well, it's a good thing I enjoy reading (although I think you kind of have to, to be an English major). So things are busy, but that's good. I'm liking it so far.

One thing that's cool is that I'm in some early English literature classes and the writings from those times are drenched in religion. The people during those times were so into their religion and it encompassed every aspect of their lives. I know it would be nice if we could say we were the same, but really...do we do and say everything in a way that projects our love for Christ to other people? So I've just been really convicted. There are people in my classes that don't even know about my faith or what I think about God. What a heartbreaker. But reading these authors, it seems like God was really evident in every aspect of their lives. And I've heard it all my life that we should reflect Jesus every day and people shouldn't be able to mistake what we're all about. So thanks to all of the authors that have long-since past. I thoroughly enjoyed your convicting kick to the shins. Ha..I just pictured Mary Wollstonecraft lifting her skirt off of her shoes and giving me a swift one right to the tibia...funny.

So that's what I've learned in just the short time I've been reading in my classes. Don't let your life make people mistake who you are or be in the dark about your faith. Let them see what's different about you. Coo. (that's slang for cool, sorry to all of the people that hate it when I say that...not really...get over it)

On a more humorous note, I was inspired by Terri's blog about Super Mario Brothers and Nintendo. So the other day, Adam and I beat SMB 3. It was great fun and we got to do something we hadn't done in years (well, we never played together when we were kids). But I have to say, I am SOOO much better than he is! I had to do all of the work and beat all of the levels. Well, I guess he did help...a little. So, I guess Adam and I are the coolest nerds you'll ever meet. Ha! So let me ask, what's your favorite Nintendo game, and did you ever beat it??? Let me know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Herschel said...

my favorite old school nintendo game is SM3, and i did beat it....my second fav was teenage mutant ninja turtles the arcade game and i didnt beat it...sadness

August 30, 2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I loved that Duck Shooting game that came with the original Nintendos. Some kids I babysat had the gun joystick thingy - great fun! I myself am more of an old school Atari 2600 player - but you kids weren't even alive during those days! It's sad when you can say you remember Pac-Man being a new thing.

August 31, 2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

Hey Cheryl, my uncle had an atari and when we stayed over there and were deprived of our Nintendo...that's what we had. It was great fun though and even though I don't remember Pac-Man being new, that game rocked!! We also had a smurfs game, that was awesome!!!

August 31, 2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

Ya, that one was awesome too, I really liked the Donkey Kong game on super NES...I think that was the name of it...we used to play that game for hours!

September 02, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger derrick harris said...

I have many fav games but thats cuz I try to play everything, but here is my list: smash bro's Mario sunshine, 007, all zelda's, resident evil 0 and evil 4. These are just to name a few. Also just so you know there are many OLD games that are worth $$$ so look them up and hold on to them. Peace Out Kids

September 13, 2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home