Friday, July 01, 2005

Messages from Iraq

So we just recently heard from our friend Daniel, who's in Iraq. It was great to hear from him. He says they get to stay in trailors with air conditioning. That's really good considering the heat got up to 120 he said. I hope things are going well over there, I know we're all worried. I hate thinking about war...sometimes it's hard to find the justification for it. But I won't go into that. I'm just happy that there are people like Daniel that are willing to give up so much to protect American freedoms and ideals. I hope they all make it back safely. It was horrible to hear about the 17 that died in the helicopter. I hope this all ends soon. Democracy can be beautiful, but the fight for it is long and ugly.

Aside from that, I got up at 6:30 this morning and mowed the lawn!! Whoa! Talk about being productive early in the morning! It feels good to have a sense of accomplishment. I only got smacked in the eye once by an unidentified object. It hurt, but I kept on truckin'. Ha! It was great.

It's a good thing it's Friday. I'm ready for a break. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. I know I will. And I hope everyone stays safe!! God Bless!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unidentified object you speak of is commonly known as a TREE! Those are the things you are supposed to mow around and not through ;)

July 01, 2005 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOo hoo! Ever seen twelve tractors being driven my sixteen midgets!?

well....It's only amazing!

July 02, 2005 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home