Sunday, June 25, 2006

"I look straight in the boardroom, a modern pharoah's tomb..."

Well last night was a lot of fun. We ate at Fuddrucker's, a glorified burger joint. It was pretty good though. Then we decided to explore downtown Naperville. I was amazed at how many people were out and about. It was actually pretty busy. We drove around a bit and then decided to walk around. They have what's called the "Riverwalk" which is basically a bunch of highly landscaped walking areas all along the river. There are also some other neat things along the way. It was really beautiful. There were a bunch of couples there so I think it was the "romantic" spot of town. It was really nice. Naperville really does seem like a cool place to live. It's really beginning to grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I still love and miss home but I like the two places for completely different reasons.

On to Adam's work...he likes it. He's just a little stressed out right now. He's really up to his eyeballs in it right now, probably going to have to work 10+ hour days the rest of the week and he's been working all weekend. Poor guy, he's a smarty though. I know he'll get through it. He's working on design plans for the roadway surrounding a couple of bridges that will be built in Montgomery county which is actually one county over from where we used to live. So he's working on a project that will be built 240 miles away. Weird.

Switching gears here, the dilemma for me right now is really deciding what I want to get my M.A. in. I'll have my B.A. in December and I plan on starting grad. school in the Fall of '07. So, I kind of need to be thinking about it. It's not that pressing right now I guess, but I would just like to have it all figured out. I guess we never really have it all figured out though. The decision lies between choosing to do literature with some comp/rhetoric credits so that I can teach comp. and maybe down the line literature classes...or...just doing comp/rhetoric with a bunch of literature classes...I really don't know which route to take. It's just so confusing. I guess I need to get in touch with some people. Hmm, so that was a boring synopsis. Oh goodness, I have to come up with one of those too. Quit worrying, okay.

Well, I hope you're all doing great and I would like to get some comments letting me in on your lives. Or for those of you with blogs...you could update...if you get the time...ha! I'm one to talk. Well, let me know how you're doing. According to the agenda it could be a little while before we make the trek back south. I guess I'll see ya when I see ya. Adeus.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let us know when you might make it back.. we'll plan on having a sunday school hangout or something =D

and speaking of downtown, don't forget to try lou minalti's deepdish or chicago-style pizza or something, hehe.

June 25, 2006 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll comment but I dont have anything to tell you!!

June 25, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

ha, we will definitely try the pizza! thanks for commenting gals!!

June 26, 2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Heather Mae said...

Hola amanda - i haven't checked in on you in a while...so i got to read two posts! yes. the place indeed looks great - love the minimalism :) and it sounds like you're enjoying yourself... awesome. Don't worry...you know things will pan out. Follow your heart, that's what I always do. Tell Adam I said hello and miss you both!

:D

June 27, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Hey Amanda!

Tell Adam that George Reisner told me to tell him "Hi!" I ran into him at a church we were at last Sunday. He loved Adam!

Hopefully we'll get to see you both before we head back south!

June 27, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger "Sunshine" said...

Fuddruckers? Wow, that just sounds dirty.

:)

June 27, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger "Sunshine" said...

P.S. Yeah I can plan on taking my test when you do. I'm still studying for it right now, so I should be ready when you are. Thanks again!

June 27, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

I really need to get on that studying part...I will. Oh, what are you using...to study I mean...Dr. Abella told me to go with Kaplan's. Just wondering, talk to ya later.

June 27, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger "Sunshine" said...

I've been studying Princeton Review. It is pretty entertaining at times. That is what Jad Smith recommended. By the way, I liked how you spiced up the "comments" link. Don't let Dr. Coleman see it though--she might think you got the idea from her :) Good luck with studying.

June 28, 2006 6:50 AM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

Ha, I didn't really count on her ever making it to my blog...I hope not!

June 28, 2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home