Monday, June 12, 2006

"I awoke from a dream, to the sound of fluttering wings..."

Okay, I still have some minor modifications to make to the template of this thing but the ever-so-wise Adam Dean mentioned that it might be better to actually include an updated post. So that's what I decided to do. I guess with me you need to have a really loose definition of the word "soon." Sorry it took me so long. There was a minor hitch with the internet but we're finally back online. So anyways, here are a few pictures of the place. Here ya go:










As you can see, it's not really that bare. That's what I was worried about since we were bringing a "minimal" amount of furniture. But the apartment is small enough that it works rather well.

Adam likes his job a lot. He says the people are really nice, especially in comparison with the last place. So he's happy.

Things in Naperville are definitely a lot different than back home. Everything just seems so nice up here. Landscaping everywhere, high-dollar businesses, people dressed up everywhere you go...makes me feel like a slob!! Oh well, that's just me I guess. It's a nice change for awhile but I'll definitely be happy to get back home. I hope everyone is doing well and again, sorry it took me so long to update.

Oh ya, I just recently read Searching for God Knows What by Don Miller. I'm sure a lot of you have read it, but for those who haven't..I definitely recommend this book. It's great and Don Miller always has a way of looking at issues and making you think about them and come to some gut-level realization. Good stuff. I would recommend any book by Don Miller.

Well, that's really all I have for now. If there's anything you want to know, leave a comment and I'll let you know (assuming it's an answerable question, ha). I'll post more later. In the meantime, hope you all are doing great!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way...since I didnt see it mentioned...I took a job in Naperville, West of Chicago. So we are now living in the Great North. We are settled in and having fun! So if anyone needs a place to stay in Chicagoland let us know.

June 12, 2006 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are settled into your new home!!! Have a wonderful summer, maybe it will be cooler since you are a bit farther north!
love ya, Aunt Kathy

June 19, 2006 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how quaint!

June 20, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger agitswhoiam said...

yes, that's a great word for it!! ha!

June 20, 2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home