Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Well I didn't see that one comin...

To answer the question that a couple of people asked last time...I would be going to Harlaxton alone. But nevermind, I'm not going...(sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle). And another blow this week...I can't graduate until December 2006!!! I thought I was going to get away with all of this transferring stuff. I guess not. I'm a class short of meeting the residency requirement of upper division courses exclusively from EIU. So stupid. So whatever, I guess I have more time to worry about the GRE as a wise friend pointed out (Carissa Hayden).

On a brighter note, I got an essay and a poem published. They both made it to the next round in the separate contests they're in and they're automatically published. If enough people actually want to read them, I might post them. Just let me know. If not, whatever. I really don't know that much more. Still sad about Harlaxton, but that's the way it goes. I know there's a big awesome trip for me somewhere in the future. And who knows, maybe I can still go...(sniffle).

One final thought from Jack Handy:

I bet when neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would always end up saying, "Don't forget the thick, heavy brows." Then they would get all embarrassed because they remembered they had the big husky brows too, and they'd get mad and eat the snowman.

5 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

...(sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle).

November 16, 2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger Matt W said...

bring on the poems!!!!

November 16, 2005 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for citing me as a wise friend... one of the many names I'm not used to being called... sorry about Harlaxton (sp?) I think it sounds like a fun trip too, but I never went because of the $$$. Congrats on getting published! I agree with Matt's sentiments--I'd like to read them!

Peace,
Carissa

November 16, 2005 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JC says he is going to England this coming summer to study history!? hum...interesting! Have a great weekend! Love ya, Aunt Kathy

November 17, 2005 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim and I want a copy and when you become famous don't forget me(and Jim). Roger wants to know if the poem and the essay are about krispy kreme donuts? Maybe at Christmas you can pass a hat and raise money for England. You can use Roger's hat. It will be bigger. If the english is not right in this blog it is Jim's fault. (Darn toot'in) You can guess who said that. Roger said he didn't think they had krispy kreme in England so you had better take up money for that too. we all love you!

November 26, 2005 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home