Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Lovely Jolt...

Here's part of an email I got from my mother (in an attempt not to completely embarrass my mother I've excluded some very humorous parts):

Hey sweetie,

We(Jim and I) are ready for a recent blog from you. We have been on there repeatedly and still the same one. Jim said to get off your lazy butt and do some serious typing.

...

Love ,
Mom

To put a spotlight on the people mentioned in this email, my mom is Susan Kemper, an extraordinary baker and connoisseur of lumber and Ace Hardware products. And the other is Jim Washburn, an old co-worker (emphasize the OLD). Ha! So what was I doing on here? Oh ya, you wanted an update.

Well, school is busy. But that's not really an update. I've been getting things together to make a very cool present for one of my family members but I can't let out all of the details or the surprise will be no more. Today I'm collecting persimmons out of the back yard to take to granny. Should be a delightful trip. I haven't seen her in awhile. Then it's back to the grind. Working on homework and housework. To much stuff to do with this place. Ha! I'm also planning on going to Convo this weekend. It'll be nice to get away and have a change of scenery, although I have no clue what to expect. The little flyer told me nothing about who the speaker is or what the theme is or... you get the idea. I'm sure whatever the old cabinet's whipped up (at the last minute I'm sure) will be great.

One new cool thing that I'm considering is a trip this summer to Harlaxton in England. I think it's like an hour or so from London. It's five weeks long (June-Julyish) and on the weekends we're free to travel around Europe whereever we want. I would get 6 hours of credit and I actually have 6 hours left to take next summer. So, I'm talking to my advisor tomorrow to see if this would fulfill my requirements. It would be awesome because we're studying some romantic poets (among my favorite types of literature) and we would actually go on day trips to see the things and places that inspired these writers. I would love it. Everyone who's ever gone has said it was an awesome experience. Not to mention the manor we would be in is beautiful. It's kind of pricy, but a good deal for how long we would be there and I could also get some financial aid for it. So, I'm at least going to check it out. Oh, and if everything goes alright, I will be finished with my baccelor's this summer.

When I get down about school (and I do often now) I just look down the tunnel and see that tiny speck of light. The end is nearing, and this too shall pass. Oh wait...what am I thinking? I'm the idiot who wants to grad school. Sheesh. That's like going up for parole with high hopes and finding out that donut you stole at breakfast is gonna cost you another two years. So there ya go Mom and Jim. I dedicate this long-winded and very boring post to you. Now you'd better leave me a comment!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger agitswhoiam said...

pathetic

November 13, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Hey. I'm commenting.

So how would that work with Adam? Would he go with you or would you have to say goodbye for a month?

That would be hard.

November 14, 2005 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh, i wondered the same, hehe, maybe he'll learn some useful things without ya

thanks for your entertaining post =) it made me smile, miss yas

November 14, 2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Herschel said...

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more planets fall under the ruthless control of our solar system...

November 14, 2005 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK this has nada to do with your post, but I just realized that YOU are "agitswhoiam" who has been commenting on Derrick's blog. Guess how stupid I feel? Anyway, I finally decided (I think just yesterday) to check out who this "agitswhoiam" was, and lo and behold it was Amanda Groves--hence the "ag" part of it??? So I'm not as adept as I should be at my deduction skills--something every English major SHOULD be adept at :) I'm gonna get back to studying now--just thought I'd say hi and let ya know I'm gonna start reading your blog too!

Carissa

November 15, 2005 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home